At STE, we sell new heavy equipment and offer SANY service in Kansas City. Our regular customers are outside every day, working hard and building the roads, buildings, and farms that many people take for granted. Two popular pieces of equipment we sell are skid loaders and track loaders. Despite their similarities, skid loaders and track loaders are not the same.
Skid Loader vs. Track Loader
Both skid loaders (or skid steers) and track loaders are designed to dig, grade, move materials, load trucks, and more. Both are relatively easy to operate and navigate between obstacles on a job site. The biggest difference between the two is that skid loaders operate on four wheels and track loaders move on tracks like SANY excavators in Kansas City. Visit a Kansas City SANY dealer if you want to compare them in person.
Advantages of Skid Loaders
- They typically have more ground clearance.
- A better choice when operating on hard surfaces. Hard surfaces tend to wear tracks faster than tires.
- Skid loaders are less expensive to purchase and maintain.
- Skid loaders can turn around in tighter spaces than track loaders.
- Skid loaders have a higher top speed than track loaders.
Advantages of Track Loaders
- Track loaders are ideal for working on soft or loose soil and are less likely to get stuck than skid loaders.
- Track loaders are generally more stable and less likely to tip over.
- Because they are heavier and more stable, track loaders offer more traction and spill fewer materials when moving around the job site.
- Track loaders are typically better at bulldozing than skid steers.
- Track loaders often have more options for more powerful motors than skid steers. This is advantageous if you intend to use attachments.
If you are trying to decide between a skid loader and a track loader, carefully contemplate your options and the work you intend to do. In most cases, the additional expenses related to track loaders are marginal in relation to productivity.
If you do purchase heavy equipment from us, don’t forget that we also offer SANY service in Kansas City.
State Tractor Equipment Company – SANY Equipment Dealer in Kansas City
At State Tractor Equipment, we are a construction equipment dealer in Kansas City, and we have the heavy equipment you need to get the job done. We sell new and used machinery from SANY and GEHL. Contact us if you are in the market for SANY excavators in Kansas City, SANY motor graders in Kansas City, articulated loaders, motor graders, single drum rollers, skid loaders, telehandlers, track loaders, wheel loaders, or other heavy equipment.
If you aren’t ready to buy, we also offer short and long-term rentals of excavators, single drum rollers, motor graders, telehandlers, and wheel loaders.
Visit us at STE in Kansas City to see our equipment inventory in person. You can test drive a machine, meet our team, and discuss rental and purchase options. We are here to help you find the equipment you need at a price you can afford.
State Tractor and Equipment Company Inc.
Kansas City, KS 66102