As a construction equipment dealer in Kansas City, we sell wheel loaders, excavators, skid loaders, and SANY mini excavators in Kansas City. If you aren’t already familiar with wheel loaders, they are one of the most useful and versatile pieces of heavy equipment available.
What is a Wheel Loader?
Wheel loaders combine some of the best features of bulldozers, skid steers, motor graders, and excavators. They are often used to move heavy loads of dirt, gravel, soil, rubble, and more around a job site. They can also be used to help level work sites to prepare for construction. A wheel loader most resembles a bulldozer but utilizes large wheels and tires instead of tracks and uses a bucket instead of a blade. Its most distinguishable feature is the large bucket on its front end capable of carrying heavy loads. Unlike a backhoe loader, it does not have a boom/arm/bucket assembly for digging.
What are Wheel Loaders Used for?
- Scooping and moving dirt, gravel, mulch, etc.
- Road Construction
- Building Construction
- Loading trucks and other vehicles
- Snow removal
Important Facts About Wheel Loaders
- Wheel loaders are typically divided according to bucket capacity by volume and weight. Typical bucket sizes vary from 1 to 8 cubic yards.
- Common attachments for wheel loaders include augers, brooms, lifting jibs, shovels, buckets, grapplers, and forks.
- The primary use of wheel loaders is for moving large, heavy, loose materials, but have many more uses.
- Wheel loaders are very similar to track loaders but run on wheels and tires instead of tracks.
- If not operated correctly, wheel loaders risk tipping and rolling over. This is why equipment operators need to be trained properly and respect manufacturer recommendations regarding load size and weight.
Should I Buy or Rent a Wheel Loader?
If your business consistently requires the same size wheel loader, you should benefit from purchasing your own. However, if the size of the wheel loader required for your projects changes frequently, it may be best to rent.
State Tractor Equipment Company – SANY Dealer in Kansas City
At State Tractor Equipment, we are a construction equipment dealer in Kansas City, and we have the heavy equipment you need to get the job done. We sell new and used machinery from SANY and GEHL. Contact us if you are in the market for SANY excavators in Kansas City, SANY motor graders in Kansas City, articulated loaders, motor graders, single drum rollers, skid loaders, telehandlers, track loaders, wheel loaders, or other heavy equipment.
If you aren’t ready to buy, we also offer short and long-term rentals of excavators, single drum rollers, motor graders, telehandlers, wheel loaders, and SANY mini excavators in Kansas City.
Visit us at STE in Kansas City to see our equipment inventory in person. You can test drive a machine, meet our team, and discuss rental and purchase options. We are a SANY dealer in KC, and we are here to help you find the equipment you need at a price you can afford.
State Tractor and Equipment Company Inc.
Kansas City, KS 66102